Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Layla's OHGWQ

I would only be so lucky for the photo above to be Layla's completed quilt! However, the plan for her OHGWQ is starting to come together. There is a lady at my work who is more than willing to help me out with piecing the quilt together so I have to take her up on the offer. She actually made a completed quilt square that simply blows my mind. It's a panda bear which has been sew together from little pieces of B&W fabric. The background has a green leaf pattern and the border has a bamboo pattern. Talk about hidden talents! I think I'd be crazy not to have her involved in the planning and sewing.
For those of you who still haven't sent me your fabric and wish...the deadline is Feruary 9th. All of the fabric needs to be washed and ironed so I have to stick to that date. I must admit that everyone who has taken part has sent me the most wonderful wishes and beautiful fabric. It is a lovely tradition to welcome any child to a family.
Check out the link below to view completed quilts and possible patterns(None of which are mine).
http://www.originalquilts.com/

1 comment:

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Okay you had me scared when I saw the quilt. I was going to add my squish in with your workshop but can send it sooner. I didn't know I was under a deadline.