Friday, January 26, 2007

Another Storm and My Mom's Cooking


If you live in my province...have you looked outside? Unbelievable! We are currently in the midst of another snowstorm. I just arrived home from a scrumptious turkey dinner at my mom's. I have to admit that the roads are not too bad nor is it hard to see the vehicle in front of you. The most snow I've seen is the stuff on my walkway which is waiting for my shovel to appear. I will concede the point that it is nasty outside, no doubt about it. Nice weather for cuddling up with a good book or an interesting movie. Who am I kidding? I'd gladly cuddly up with the Enquirer and a B-rated movie if it meant I didn't have to be out in this blowing mess!

So back to my mom...she is an amazing cook! Sure, I'm a little biased but anyone who eats from her hand will tell you it's true. The taste she can put on a meal whether it's beans and toutons or chicken cordon blue is like nothing else in this world. That's her in the photo at our cabin having a flick. She might be traumatized that her photo is on the Net but it's a distance shot so I hope she'll forgive me.

AAH! The lights are flickering! Oh no! Does that mean I'm going to lose the power? I have to run and look for candles and flashlights....I'll check in later on.

No comments: