Wednesday, April 11, 2007

AAH! Spring has sprung...I think


"It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, a beautiful day for a neighbour. Won't you be, won't you be, please won't you be my neighbour?" Okay, I'll admit it the sun does wild and wacky things to my brain. I feel like dancing in the meadow, frolicking with puppies,kissing babies (preferably my own). Wait a minute, yes that's right, how in the heck am I supposed to kiss my baby when the CCAA only refers 2 DAYS of LIDS!!!! Don't they know that spring is a time for renewal, optimism and joy?
For those of us who continue to wait and wait there seems to be very little of that going around. How do I communicate this asinine time frame to friends and family? I am eating, sleeping and breathing the wait and I can barely grasp the WHY behind it. I'm fairly educated and I've read all of the potential reasons why the time between LID and referral continues to widen...in a nutshell it doesn't matter. All that matters is that Layla should be in my arms pronto!

4 comments:

RoLo said...

EXACTLY!!
I agree with the How do we explain this to the ppl in our lives but not in the program statement.......without sounding like bumbling fools......

Krista said...

Lorraine, I am so glad that someone else understands my woes.

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

I say we band together, high jack a plane and head for China. We take over CCAA and demand that our files be matched, referred and the babies give to us. Are you with me?

Krista said...

I will be attached to your hip!