Wednesday, April 18, 2007

30 Months


The latest rumour on the Rumour Queen site is that a European agency has told their clients that the wait will extend to 30 MONTHS!!! Deep down I knew it would probably be this long for us to hold Layla in our arms but never thought it would take this long just to see her picture. I don't know how to respond to this speculation. That time line would put us at the 4 YEAR mark for the adoption (not from LID). I feel helpless, it's out of my control. I gotta admit, I just turned 34 on Monday and this is not how where I thought I'd be at this age. I thought I'd have 3 kids by now. Who knows,maybe an adoption fairy is looking out for us and will light a fire under the butt of the CCAA and the stork will bring us the twin daughters we've requested.

3 comments:

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

I saw this on another site and think it is just so fitting.


With out adoption
...I was never going to get to be a mom.

The CCAA can increase wait times. I'll just sit here and smile while I
wait - because at the end of it all, there is a baby for me.

Without adoption, there would be no baby for me.

I'll wait patiently, and gratefully.

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

or how about,

As the wait gets longer, the longer we wait.

RoLo said...

This is SO SAD.............

on another note

I LOVE the photo of the cake, I had a Winnie the Pooh party for my 30th. I decided when I turned 30 that I wanted a BIG CHILDRENS party because that is what I was/am hehehehehe I had balloons, and everything was Pooh themed. All that was missing was my Jumping Castle.....