Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The past and the future


It's a glorious day here in my part of the world. I just finished a lovely walk through the city's largest park. The public pool is open and peals of laughter were abundant as I passed by. Of course I had to take a trip down memory lane and think of all the days I spent splashing around in the very same pool. After that reverie I started to think of the future. Will Layla make memories in that park? Will we enjoy sunny afternoon picnics under the shady trees? Will I hear her squeal with delight and ask me to push her higher on the swings? I can only hope that these wishes come true. I believe deep in my heart that Layla will join my family;it's just a matter of when.

3 comments:

RoLo said...

We have a park across from us and yesterday I sat watching the kids playing wondering hoping thinking that next year we will be able to make memories in that park as well

Anonymous said...

awww thats one of the most nicest/ sweetest , most most beautiful thinngs I have ever read!! I can't wait til Layla arrives - you're going to make such a fantastic mother!

Krista said...

Shucks Johanna you've had me in tears twice tonight! I really value you're opinion...it matters to me.